Nicolaides & Associates Law Offices offer a broad range of legal services.
Our preferred areas of legal practise are:
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal law / Intervention Orders / Victims of Crime
- Elder Law / Wills & Power of Attorney
- Family & De-facto law
- VCAT – Civil Claims, Licensing, Building Disputes, Guardianship & Administration
- Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, after hours and weekends by arrangement.
James (Jim) Nicolaides is the Principal Lawyer of the practise.
Jim has a Bachelor of Laws and a Masters of International Business and Law.
Prior to coming to the law Jim worked extensively in senior management in the automotive manufacturing and entertainment industries.
Jim regularly provides representation in all State and Federal Courts and Tribunals.
If you do separate, you and your former partner may need to make some immediate decisions on practical issues including:
- Where the children will live.
- How much time the children will spend with each parent.
- How decisions regarding the children will be made.
- What arrangements will be made for financial support of the children?
- How your property will be divided; and
- Whether one partner will need to provide ongoing financial support for the other.
- We can assist you make the right decision specific to your personal circumstances.
When you apply for a divorce, the Family Law Act does not take account of the causes of marriage breakdown. It only requires that the marriage has broken down irretrievably. Irretrievable breakdown is proven by a 12 month separation of the parties. If you are married and you have been separated for at least twelve months, you can apply to the Family Court or Federal Magistrates Court for a divorce.
If you have been married for a period of less than two years, you will normally require a counselling certificate before applying to the Court for a divorce. If you have children, the Court has to be satisfied that you have made proper arrangements for your children’s welfare before granting a divorce.
Divorce marks the legal end of your marriage. However, your divorce will not settle the parenting of your children, child support, and the division of the property of your marriage or spousal maintenance. These issues are dealt with separately.
The Norton Law Group is one of Sydney’s leading family law firms. Our lawyers include accredited family law specialists. This level of specialisation means that you can be assured of receiving up-to-date, reliable and effective legal advice. We offer experience in what can be complex and sensitive matters, including property settlement, parenting arrangements, agreements by consent, and de facto same sex relationships. Our family lawyers offer respectful and sensitive treatment and provide you with clear options and advice every step of the way. We want you to feel confident in the decisions you make for your future and your family.
We are based in Sydney, but our clients are located in all Australian states, and even internationally. Make an appointment today with a specialist Sydney Family Lawyer, at either our Sydney CBD office or Leichhardt office.
Of all areas of law, none can match family law for bitterness and intensity of disagreement. People panic. You need to calm them down, walk them through it. We work hard to assist you to settle your matter out of court. But if you can’t then no need to panic, as with strong purposeful legal representation your best outcome is guaranteed. By providing a sense of perspective, and listening to a client’s priorities, we are able to help clients find happiness amidst what is likely the hardest time of their lives.
Our lawyers have the expertise to meet any family law issue or difficulty, and being specialist family lawyers, no problem is too complex. We take the time to listen to your personal circumstances. This is why we are regarded us some of Sydney’s best family lawyers.
Our specialist services include divorce, child custody, property settlement, de facto relationships, spouse maintenance and child support.
Our lawyers are client focused and work together with you to determine how best to assist your matter. We are committed to helping our clients to get the best result. We will always ensure the best outcome is achieved for you and your family.
We offer fixed fee family law services and will always tailor our services to best meet our client’s circumstances.
No matter what your family law problem is or where you are located, we at the Norton Law Group will help you make the right decisions.
Family Law is a specialist area and you deserve a specialist lawyer. By offering you the services of a Law Society Accredited Specialist Family Lawyer you are assured of getting expert legal advice and of securing your lawful entitlements. We are committed to the prompt and efficient resolution of family law disputes, in a cost effective manner. Our extensive experience and results is what distinguishes us from the rest.
Contact us today to see how we can help you.
In most cases we do not require prepayment of our fees and in many family law matters we can offer fixed fees.
Click on the areas of interest below for more information:
FIRST FREE CONSULTATION
- Interactive Online Family Law Help
- Negotiating Family Law Settlements
- Mediation and collaborative family law to avoid going to Court
- Separation and Divorce
- How Does the Family Court Divide Assets in Property Settlement Cases?
- How Does the Court Make Decisions About Children?
- De facto Relationships
- Pre-nuptial& Binding Financial Agreements
- Domestic Relationship Agreements
- Spouse Maintenance
- Child Support
- Family Provision and Wills
- International Child Abduction and overseas clients
- Relocation and Childrennow more?
- Child Dispute Conference Family Law
- Custody – Child and sexual abuse
- Keeping the matrimonial home
- Can a former spouse or ex wife claim on a will- deceased estate?
- Discretionary Trusts and Family Law
- Domestic Violence Lawyers